The aluminum case is lightweight and made from 100 percent recycled aerospace-grade alloy.
The Sport Band is made from a durable yet surprisingly soft high-performance fluoroelastomer with an innovative pin-and-tuck closure.
Apple Watch Series 8
- 41mm case
- Always-On Retina LTPO OLED display
- Up to 1000 nits brightness
- Ion-X glass display on aluminum cases
- Sapphire crystal display on stainless steel cases
- GPS and GPS + Cellular models
- S8 SiP with 64-bit dual-core processor
- W3 wireless chip
- U1 chip (Ultra Wideband)14
- Digital Crown with haptic feedback
- Up to 256 g-forces with Fall Detection and Crash Detection
- High-dynamic-range gyroscope
- Temperature sensing
- Blood oxygen sensor and app
- Electrical heart sensor and ECG app
- Third-generation optical heart sensor
- High and low heart rate notifications
- Irregular rhythm notification
- International Emergency Calling
- Emergency SOS
- Crash Detection
- Fall Detection
- Water resistant 50 meters
- Dust resistant (IP6X)
- Crack-resistant front crystal
- LTE and UMTS
- Bluetooth 5.3
- Always-on altimeter
- Built-in speaker and mic
- 32GB capacity
- Fast charge
- Height: 41mm
- Width: 35mm
- Depth: 10.7mm
- Weight: Aluminum 31.9g (GPS)
- Weight: Aluminum 32.2g (GPS + Cellular)
Apple Fitness+ requires iOS 14.3 or later, iPadOS 14.3 or later, watchOS 7.2 or later, and tvOS 14.3 or later.
To get the newest features, make sure your devices are running the latest software version.
Apple Fitness+ requires an Apple Watch Series 4 or later. Available when paired with iPhone 8 or later with iOS 14.3 or later.
- Apple Watch Series 8 and Apple Watch SE have a water resistance rating of 50 meters under ISO standard 22810:2010. This means that they may be used for shallow-water activities like swimming in a pool or ocean. However, they should not be used for scuba diving, waterskiing, or other activities involving high-velocity water or submersion below shallow depth. Water resistance is not a permanent condition and can diminish over time. For additional information see support.apple.com/en-us/HT205000. Series 8 is also rated IP6X dust resistant.
- Apple Watch Ultra has a water resistance rating of 100 meters under ISO standard 22810. It may be used for recreational scuba diving (with compatible third-party app from the App Store) to 40 meters and high-speed water sports. Apple Watch Ultra should not be used for diving below 40 meters. Water resistance is not a permanent condition and can diminish over time. For additional information see support.apple.com/HT205000.
- The internationally-recognized standard for dive computers and gauges.
- Tested against subsections for Altitude, High Temperature, Low Temperature, Temperature Shock, Immersion, Freeze/Thaw, Shock, Vibration.
- Blood Oxygen app measurements are not intended for medical use, including self-diagnosis or consultation with a doctor, and are only designed for general fitness and wellness purposes.
- The ECG app is available on Apple Watch Series 4 and later (not including Apple Watch SE) with the latest version of iOS and watchOS. See apple.com/watch for compatibility details. ECG is not intended for use by people under 22 years old. With the ECG app, Apple Watch is capable of generating an ECG similar to a single-lead electrocardiogram.
- Irregular rhythm notification requires the latest version of watchOS and iOS. It is not intended for use by people under 22 years old or those who have been previously diagnosed with atrial fibrillation (AFib).
- The temperature sensing feature is not a medical device and not intended for use in medical diagnosis, treatment, or for any other medical purpose.
- The Cycle Tracking app should not be used as a form of birth control. Data from the Cycle Tracking app should not be used to diagnose a health condition.
- Emergency SOS requires a cellular connection or Wi-Fi Calling with an Internet connection from your Apple Watch or nearby iPhone.
- The international emergency calling feature requires an Apple Watch Ultra (Cellular), Apple Watch Series 8 (GPS + Cellular), Apple Watch Series 7 (GPS + Cellular) or Apple Watch SE (GPS + Cellular) model. For a list of supported countries and regions, see apple.com/watchos/feature-availability.
- Wireless service plan required for cellular service. Contact your service provider for more details. Connection may vary based on network availability. Check apple.com/watch/cellular for participating wireless carriers and eligibility. See support.apple.com/en-us/HT207578 for additional setup instructions.
- Not all features will be available if the Apple Watch is set up through Family Setup. Wireless service plan required for cellular service. Contact your service provider for more details. Check apple.com/watch/cellular for participating wireless carriers and eligibility.
What's in the box
- Apple Watch
- Sport Band
- Apple Watch Magnetic Fast Charger to USB-C Cable (1m)